What Is Stank Weasel?


Who we are

Hi, I'm Alex, Alexandra. The owner and creator of Stank Weasel. I like to live life on my terms. I make art, I dance and I travel the world gaining knowledge and experiences to share. And I need stylish bags to get me there. So with the help of a few friends I made Stank Weasel. 

Stank Weasel is my way to live my best life. Through Stank Weasel I'm able to make products that save fabric from landfills and contribute to the health of the environment.

I'm able to travel through selling my products at festivals, where I gain knowledge and experiences from new people and places. I'm able create functional art and share it with my communities. Through this company I can provide a unique way for people to express themselves through their fashion choices. Stank Weasel is also my way to inspire others and show them that if you can dream it, you can do it.


Goals & Values

Environmentalism. The EPA estimates that approximately 3.8 billion pounds of post-consumer textile waste (PCTW) in recycled each year. While this number is INCREDIBLE this only accounts for approximately 15% of all PCTW, leaving 85% in our landfills. 100% of textiles are recyclable. Stank Weasel is doing it's part by making many of our products from recycled fabrics. And we choose environmentally friendly ways of conducting our business and creating our products.  

Growth Personally and professionally, we want to grow. We want to be a bigger company so that we can affect more individuals (including ourselves) and provide them with resources to be better versions of themselves. 

Living Wages. Stank Weasel believes that a living wages is necessary for every person to bring their best selves to the table, in life and in business. We want to see people thrive.

Function. Efficiency is important to us. When we are efficient we tend to be able to do more. We make bags and accessories to keep you on the move. Movement = Change = Growth

Fashion. At Stank Weasel we believe that how we view ourselves is important. Know how fly you are and don't hesitate to show it off.  


Why the name Stank Weasel?

Ferrets. That's why. I started Stank Weasel with two good friends, and we had all loved and owned ferrets. And despite their incredible intelligence, the adorable way they hop and chortle...the first thing people who hadn't owned a ferret might say about them was "Ick.. they smell." 
And what a great metaphor... It's our choice what we focus on and how we choose to view it.